Sunday, April 7, 2013

Someday Sour Ales/Lambics Will Make a Comeback!

When people think beer the first few characteristics that come to mind is something bitter, watery, and/or awkward. To my knowledge most individuals are brainwashed to think beers are either Budweiser or an IPA. Sour ales IMO are a long forgotten beer, and they have been on my favorites for a while (I somewhat moved on from stouts/porters). Anyways, I was at Bevmo the other day I wanted an ale brewed with fruit that had some tart notes for my pleasure. Bought this...Liefman Cuvee Brut Cherry. 

I drank this pretty fast, and didn't do my usual sit down study on this beer. Anyways this beer was close to excellent. Everything about it was balanced; cherry notes were not overwhelming, carbonation was balanced, mouthfeel was perfect, and the finish left you wanting more! If all you drink are IPAs then you are missing out! Dig deep on those Bevmo shelves! 

If you happen to be into craft beer; I would suggest to drink this beer. Drink it, and add it to your resume. 


No comments:

Post a Comment