Saturday, January 19, 2013

Review: Stone/Still Waters/Evil Twin: The Perfect Crime

Appearance: Straight black (well almost). After the pour there was an inch worth of  95% white head, but it lasted for only so long.
Aroma: First thing I picked up is the smell of carbonation (is that possible?) and mild spices. In this beer particular I felt the aroma was kind of weak, and I spent too much time trying to figure this aspect out.
Mouthfeel: The first touch to my lips I felt a slight froth. After that the mouthfeel turned into a silky soda.
Taste: Very nice subtle carbonation. The taste is there, but nothing bold stands out. There is some dark chocolate, very minimum hops, and slight grapefruit blends itself in towards the finish.
Overall: When the word "collaboration" comes to mind you would think of something epically great. That wasn't the case, but nonetheless this was more than well crafted. This bottle is perfect for somebody who doesn't want a beer that is overly rich, and/or hoppy (then again I would just recommend a saison in general for that preference). I disliked the weak aromas, and that is something I want in a good beer. I really thought this beer had more to offer. In my opinion this bottle would be awesome in a 6 pack that would be perfect for those get togethers where you just eat drink, and wait till somebody sober drives you home. Forget the 30pk Budlight just buy 30 of these if you are that kind of drinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment