Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: Troubadour Blond Ale by Brouwerij de Musketiers


ABV: 6.5%


Appearance: The color resembles apple cider. Being a blonde ale it is opaque with some fog. The lacing is beautiful, because it reminds of the ash forming on a cigar. Head didn't last for all too long.

Aroma: I get a slight aroma of slightly spoiled peaches, and apricots as well. To me apricot is a dominant aroma in this.

Mouthfeel: The mouthfeel reminds me of sprite,  and I have no specific reason why that comes to mind. This beer has a very refreshing mouthfeel.

Taste: Like the aroma apricot is a dominant flavor. Right after the fruitiness, and apricots you can feel the hops kick in very nicely.

Overall: This beer is very refreshing. The combination of the malts and hops collided well. Something about experiencing hops, and apricot flavors is an amazing feeling. The finish is slightly long. The lacing of this beer is downright awesome (reminds me of the ashes of a cigar). I am always picky about aroma, which like most other beers that I've had is hard to pick up or my nose is terrible. I would definitely recommend this beer to anyone who thinks negatively about beer thinking they are always bitter an disgusting. This is definitely a great beer, and will give you a decent experience.

I'm not a fan of giving number ratings to beers, because everybody has their preference so I feel it is only fair to express non biased views. I will tell you if a beer is horrible, and to stay away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment